Data Science (BS) Pre-Major Information & Sign-Up
DS Pre-Major Advisor:
Tatyana Stahler (she/her/hers)
Academic Program Coordinator, DS Pre-Major Advisor
Data Science Pre-Major
What advantages are there to declaring pre-major?
- You will receive Data Science-specific advising—ensuring you are on track and taking the correct courses
- It keeps you informed of Data Science-related Computer Science Department opportunities and events
- Helps our department know how many course sections to offer
- Offers improved access to pre-major classes in Phase I of registration
- Data Science Pre-Major Courses: DATA 311, CSCI 241, and CSCI 301
- It helps us connect with you and get to know you
What are the requirements for signing-up for the Data Science Pre-Major?
Sign up for the pre-major, when you have completed CSCI 141, by completing the form linked at the top of the page
Upon completion of the sign-up form, you will be contacted by Tatyana Stahler for advising and to complete the declaration process.
We encourage you to give this major a try. Beginners with no programming background are welcome!
Priority deadline for applications to the Data Science Pre-Major will only be accepted during weeks 1-5 of fall, winter, and spring quarter. At the end of week 5 students will meet with the program advisor and be granted pre-major status in time for Phase I of registration.
Sign-ups submitted after week 5 will be processed at the end of the quarter.