BS in Cybersecurity Application
BS in Cybersecurity: Admission Requirements
Western's BS in Cybersecurity program only accepts transfer students who have fulfilled the following requirements:
- Complete an AAS-T, AAS, or ATA in the following degree programs with the corresponding Washington State Community College partnerships:
- Bellingham Technical College: AAS-T in Computer Networking- Computer Programming Track
- Edmonds College: ATA in Cyber Defense and Digital Forensics
- Green River College: AAS-T in Information Technology- Systems and Security
- Highline College: AAS in Network Security Engineer or AAS in Digital Forensics & Investigations
- Lake Washington Institute of Technology: AAS in Computer Security and Network Technology
- Olympic College: AAS-T in Information Technology-Security
- Peninsula College: AAS-T in Cybersecurity and Computer Forensics
- Whatcom Community College: AAS-T Degree in Cybersecurity
- Achieve a minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) of 2.5
- Complete CSCI 141, CSCI 145, and MATH 124, or recognized equivalents
BS in Cybersecurity: Application Process
Qualified applicants must complete both the Western Admissions Application and the Cybersecurity Program Application.
- January 31, 2021: FAFSA priority deadline (to be considered for the most favorable financial aid packages)
- March 1, 2021: Priority submission deadline
Western's Cybersecurity program enrolls a cohort of new students each Fall quarter. Applications for a Fall 2021 start are due by March 1, 2021. Applications will be accepted beyond March 1st and considered on a space-available basis.
Starting winter, spring or summer quarter is also possible and sometimes preferable. Contact a WWU Cybersecurity Program Advisor to discuss your specific situation and application deadlines.
Western Admissions Application
Bellingham Program: Transfer & Post-baccalaureate Admission Application
Cybersecurity Program Application
Complete the following Cybersecurity Program Application, including a Statement of Purpose explaining why you wish to obtain a BS in Cybersecurity, and how this relates to your career interest.
Applicants must also submit a Letter of Reference (faculty preferred) which can be uploaded to the Application or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
By completing and submitting this form, you are certifying that the information in this application is true and correct to the best of your knowledge.