Cybersecurity at Western
Western offers Cybersecurity programs at both our Bellingham and Poulsbo campuses. Students can choose to pursue a Bachelor of Science in Cybersecurity, Cybersecurity Certificate, or Cybersecurity Minor. We prepare students for a career in preventing and responding to internet security breaches that threaten businesses, corporations, and the government. Past graduates have gone on to work for companies such as Amazon Web Services, Premera Blue Cross, and CI Security.
Western's B.S. in Cybersecurity degree is a unique joint academic program between Western Washington University and Washington State community colleges, culminating in a baccalaureate degree in cybersecurity. It is a "2+2" program: Students complete the first two years of the program (90 Credits) at a partner community college, earning a Transfer Degree in Cybersecurity. The final two years of the program at Western enables them to complete the requirements for a BS in Cybersecurity on either the Bellingham or Poulsbo campus.
Transfer Requirement Flyers for our current partner colleges and degrees:
- Bellingham Technical College Flyer: AAS-T in Computer Networking- Computer Programming Track
- Edmonds Community College Flyer: ATA Degree in Cyber Defense and Digital Forensics
- Green River College Flyer: AAS-T Degree in Information Technology-Systems and Security
- Highline College Flyer: AAS Degree in Network Security Engineer or Digital Forensics & Investigations
- Lake Washington Institute of Technology Flyer: AAS Degree in Computer Security and Network Technology
- Olympic College Flyer: AAS-T Degree in Information Technology- Security
- Peninsula College Flyer: AAS-T Degree in Cybersecurity and Computer Forensics
- Whatcom Community College: AAS-T Degree in Cybersecurity