iCode Technical Lead
Full Job Description
iCode Technical Lead
iCode immerses students in a hands-on Computer Science based curriculum that prepares them for the workforce of the future. Our personal mentoring provides a fun and rewarding experience through year-round classes and camps. As students gain skills in coding, design, and collaboration, they become better thinkers and innovators. iCode classes are offered onsite at the iCode Bellevue location and at local schools, in addition to online instructor-led classes. For more details, check out the iCode School main website.
The Technical Lead possesses excellent knowledge in the field of Computer Science. They get to know each student, encouraging and influencing each one of them on an individual basis, while innovating, collaborating, and creating technology. The Technical Lead is responsible for creating a fun and learning experience for students to achieve and master the various iCode programs. They deliver each instructional session while evaluating the progress of each student in the program.
- Teach and educate students according to guidelines provided by iCode.
- Manage an orderly classroom at all times.
- Provide meaningful feedback about class material and student dynamics in the classroom and in weekly status reports.
- Assess, record and report on the development, progress, attainment, and behavior of students.
- Provide weekly communication and updates to parents on a weekly basis.
- Treat students equally and fairly.
- Present a professional manner at all times.
- Maintain exceptional classroom standards.
- 1 – 3 years experience in HTML, JavaScipt, Alice and Python.
- Experience using GameMaker and Unity is desirable.
- Strong knowledge using Apple computers, devices, and operating systems.
- General knowledge of Agile methodologies.
- Positive attitude, outgoing and excellent people skills.
- Dependable and flexible to work evenings and weekends.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work with students ranging from K-12.
- Strong problem–solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Being able to perform well under pressure.
Our ideal candidate is excited about the future of technology and will spark a passion for learning within our students.
All training is provided by iCode, no prior teaching experience is required.
This is a part time, weekend, and evening position with opportunities for more hours during the summer months.
We encourage college students studying computer science, web design, technology, and STEM to apply.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $15.00 - $18.00 per hour
- Employee discount
- Monday to Friday
- On call
- Commission pay
Ability to Commute/Relocate:
- Bellevue, WA 98008 (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- coding: 2 years (Preferred)
- One location
Hours per week:
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
This Job Is:
- A good job for someone just entering the workforce or returning to the workforce with limited experience and education
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
Company's Facebook page:
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place