EmployerOcto Product Development
Octo is a nimble, innovative design consultancy with a wealth of experience in the digital and physical worlds. We are a creative collection of designers and engineers who passionately develop products and experiences in a unique, unencumbered environment. We work with our clients to create products that balance real customer insights with the larger context and interconnectivity of our work.
We are looking for a self-driven UI/UX Designer with experience working in collaborative environments. Familiarity with design systems, qualitative research methods, and software platforms is a bonus. Front end development experience is not required.
Our ideal candidate should have the ability to synthesize end-user and client needs with their own innovative and unique perspective to create intuitive, research-based user experiences. Collaboration and iterative design are critical components of your workflow, and you should be able to use various storytelling and rapid-prototyping tools to communicate concepts effectively during design reviews. You are detail-oriented, organized, and work well under tight deadlines.
· Contribute to early workflow, user mapping, and wire-framing exercises
· Balance user research, business needs, and project scope (for MVP, etc.)
· Experience working within design and brand guidelines to seamlessly integrate with existing product offerings
· Deliver development-ready screens and prototypes with a high degree of fidelity
· Rapid market research and independent learning to build an understanding of customer domains
· Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in Interaction Design, Graphic Design, User Experience, or Communication
· 2+ years working as a UI/UX designer in a company or agency setting working with customers
· Portfolio of work experience demonstrating UI/UX skills
· Command of design and prototyping tools (Sketch, Zeplin, Marvel, Abstract, etc.)
· Strong communication and collaboration skills and familiarity with Microsoft suite or equivalent
Bellingham, Washington United States
Full Time Job, Part Time Job
Science & Engineering/ Computer Science
Desired Class Level(s)
Senior, Alumnus, Graduate Student, Post-Bac, Post-Masters
Arts/Design/Planning, Communication, Consulting, Engineering, Research
Desired Start Date
December 1, 2020
Cover Letter, Other Documents
· Cover Letter
· Other Documents
Note: Please attach your resume and cover letter as well as a link to your portfolio if available.
Applications accepted via:
Nov 12, 2020
May 11, 2021
DEFAULT EMAIL FOR RESUMES
Bellingham, Washington 98225 United States
Head of Design Research