Each academic year, the Computer Science Department awards approximately $60,000 in departmental scholarships (ranging from $1,000 - $6,000 each) to students pursuing Computer Science and Cybersecurity majors. These scholarships have been established by alumni, donors, and businesses. Students apply for these scholarships in Winter term, and winners are announced in Spring term.
- You must be a declared Computer Science (undergrad and grad) or Cybersecurity major by the start of the Fall 2021 quarter to be eligible for scholarships for the 2021-2022 academic year. (Students who will still be pre-majors or are pursuing a minor or certificate can find other scholarship opportunities here.)
- Even if you will be graduating in Fall 2021 or Winter 2022, you can still apply! The full scholarship can be split across whatever quarters you will be attending.
- Some of our scholarships have a criterion of "financial need," which is based on info from your FAFSA/WASFA. If you have not completed your FAFSA/WASFA, then you will not show up in the system as having any "financial need", and you will not be eligible for scholarships with a criterion of "financial need." To increase the number of scholarships you are eligible for, file your FAFSA/WASFA by April 1st.
- A few of the scholarships have some other unique criteria, such as being specifically for:
- residents of Clallam County
- residents of Washington state
- children of single/divorced/widowed parents
- students in the Cybersecurity program
- Students will submit one application in Winter/Spring term to be considered for all departmental scholarships. The application for AY 2021-22 will be posted here and announced to students via email when it is available.
- Deadline Sunday, April 4 11:59 PM
- Application for 2021-2022 in link at top of page.
- AY 2020-21 recipients were announced in June 2020.
- AY 2021-22 recipients will be announced during spring quarter (May 2021, exact date TBD).