BS in Cybersecurity- SPSCC to WWU Transfer Pathway
SPSCC TRANSFER TO WWU
Earn your AAS in Cybersecurity and Network Administration from South Puget Sound Community College. Then continue with Western Washington University to earn a Bachelor of Science in Cybersecurity.
Years 1 & 2: South Puget Sound Community College
Fulfill the following criteria at SPSCC to be eligible to transfer to WWU's BS in Cybersecurity Program:
- Complete an Associate in Applied Science (AAS) – Cybersecurity and Network Administration degree from South Puget Sound Community College.
- Achieve a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 while enrolled in the AAS program.
- Complete the following additional classes (or recognized equivalents) with indicated grade:
- ENGL& 101: C- or better
- MATH& 151: C- or better
- CS 142: C- or better
- CS 143: C or better
Consult a SPSCC Academic Advisor to create an individualized plan to complete your AAS-T.
Applying to WWU
We recommend completing the application process 8-12 months before you intend to start at WWU. Visit the WWU Cybersecurity Application website to learn more.
YEARS 3 & 4: WESTERN WASHINGTON UNIVERSITY
Complete the following courses at WWU to earn a BS in Cybersecurity:
- 29-38 credits: Required CISS Courses
- 14 credits: Support Courses
- 8 credits: CISS Electives
- 0-48 credits: General University Requirements
To see a complete listing of Western's BS in Cybersecurity Degree requirements, visit the BS in Cybersecurity Catalog Page.
University graduation requirements may vary, depending on previous completed coursework. Consult a WWU Cybersecurity Academic Advisor to create an individualized plan to complete your BS in Cybersecurity degree.