BS in Cybersecurity- RTC to WWU Transfer Pathway
RTC TRANSFER TO WWU
Earn your Associate in Applied Science- Transfer in Cloud Network Technology from Renton Technical College. Then continue with Western Washington University to earn a Bachelor of Science in Cybersecurity.
Years 1 & 2: Renton Technical College
Fulfill the following criteria at RTC to be eligible to transfer to WWU's BS in Cybersecurity Program:
- Complete an Associate in Applied Science - Transfer (AAS-T) – Cloud Network Technology degree from Renton Technical College.
- Achieve a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 while enrolled in the AAS-T program.
- Complete the following additional classes (or recognized equivalents) with indicated grade:
- MATH& 151: C- or better
- CS& 141: C- or better
- CS 142: C or better
Consult a RTC Academic Advisor to create an individualized plan to complete your AAS-T.
RTC Academic Advisor: Laura Knight, 425-235-2566, firstname.lastname@example.org
Applying to WWU
We recommend completing the application process 8-12 months before you intend to start at WWU. Visit the WWU Cybersecurity Application website to learn more.
YEARS 3 & 4: WESTERN WASHINGTON UNIVERSITY
Complete the following courses at WWU to earn a BS in Cybersecurity:
- 29-38 credits: Required CISS Courses
- 14 credits: Support Courses
- 8 credits: CISS Electives
- 0-48 credits: General University Requirements
To see a complete listing of Western's BS in Cybersecurity Degree requirements, visit the BS in Cybersecurity Catalog Page.
University graduation requirements may vary, depending on previous completed coursework. Consult a WWU Cybersecurity Academic Advisor to create an individualized plan to complete your BS in Cybersecurity degree.
WWU Cybersecurity Academic Advisor: Laura Ghan, 360-650-2863, Laura.Ghan@wwu.edu