Cybersecurity Application Process
B.S. in Cybersecurity: Admission Requirements
Western's B.S. in Cybersecurity program only accepts transfer students who have fulfilled the following requirements:
- Complete an AAS-T, AAS, or ATA in the following degree programs with the corresponding Washington State Community College partnerships:
- Bellingham Technical College: AAS-T in Computer Networking- Computer Programming Track
- Edmonds Community College: ATA in Cyber Defense and Digital Forensics
- Green River College: AAS-T in Information Technology- Systems and Security
- Highline College: AAS in Network Security Engineer or AAS in Digital Forensics & Investigations
- Lake Washington Institute of Technology: AAS in Computer Security and Network Technology
- Olympic College: AAS-T in Information Technology-Security
- Peninsula College: AAS-T in Cybersecurity and Computer Forensics
- Whatcom Community College: AAS-T Degree in Cybersecurity
- Achieve a minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) of 2.5
- Complete CSCI 141, CSCI 145, and MATH 124, or recognized equivalents
Interested applicants must complete both the Western Admissions Application and the Cybersecurity Program Application.
- January 31: FAFSA priority deadline
- March 1st: Priority submission deadline
*Applications will be accepted beyond March 1st for Fall 2020 and considered on a space-available basis.
Western Admissions Application
For the Bellingham Program: Transfer & Post-baccalaureate Admission Application
For the Poulsbo Program: Transfer & Post-baccalaureate Application for Location Program Admission
Cybersecurity Program Application
E-mail the following Cybersecurity Program Application components to the e-mail address on Page 2 of the Program Application.
- A completed Cybersecurity Program Application
- A Statement of Purpose, explaining why you wish to obtain a BS in Cybersecurity, and how this relates to your career interest. Not to exceed one page.
- One letter of reference (faculty preferred)