CS Department Scholarships
For the 2020-2021 academic year, students in our department may receive around $60,000 in scholarships, ranging from $1,000 - $6,000 each. These are scholarships that have been established by alumni & companies, intended for Computer Science and/or Cybersecurity students. The CS faculty form a Scholarship Selection Committee to review applications and select recipients. Recipients are announced at the annual CS Department Picnic in early June, the week before finals.
- You must be a declared CS or Cybersecurity major (undergraduate or graduate) by the start of the Fall 2021 quarter to be eligible for scholarships for the 2021-2022 academic year. If you will not be a declared CS student by then, you may find other scholarship opportunities here.
- Even if you will be graduating in Fall 2021 or Winter 2022, you can still apply! The full scholarship can be split across whatever quarters you will be attending.
- Some of our scholarships have a criterion of "financial need," which is based on info from your FAFSA/WASFA. If you have not completed your FAFSA/WASFA, then you will not show up in the system as having any "financial need", and you will not be eligible for scholarships with a criterion of "financial need." To increase the number of scholarships you are eligible for, file your FAFSA/WASFA by April 1st.
- A few of the scholarships have some other unique criteria, such as being specifically for:
- residents of Clallam County
- residents of Washington state
- children of single/divorced/widowed parents
- students in the Cybersecurity program
- Only one application needs to be submitted to be considered for as many departmental scholarships as you are eligible for.
- The application for AY 2020-21 funding is not now closed. Please check back in late March for the 2021-2022 application. Students will also receive an email with the application and instructions when it is ready.
Recipients will be announced at the annual CS Department Picnic in early June 2021.