CS (BS) Pre-Major Information & Sign-Up
CS Pre-Major Advisor:
Computer Science (BS) Pre-Major
What advantages are there to declaring pre-major?
- You will receive Computer Science-specific advising—ensuring you are on track and taking the correct courses
- It keeps you informed of Computer Science Department opportunities and events
- Helps our department know how many course sections to offer
- Offers improved access to pre-major classes in Phase I of registration
- It helps us connect with you and get to know you
What are the requirements for declaring the Computer Science Pre-Major?
Sign up for the pre-major when you have completed CSCI 141 and are enrolled in CSCI 145.
To sign up, fill out a pre-major sign up form.
Upon completion of the Sign Up, you will be contacted by Mary Hall for advising and to complete the declaration process. Students must meet with Mary Hall for advising within two weeks, otherwise your sign-up will be voided.
How do I know if computer science is the right major for me?
- You like logic, puzzles, and problem solving
- Technology fascinates you
- You want to go into a field with limitless creative potential and job opportunities
We encourage you to give this major a try. Beginners with no programming background are welcome!
The Priority Deadline for submitting this form is Week 1-5 of fall, winter and spring terms. Students are encouraged to apply within this window to ensure the application is processed before Phase I of registration. Late applications are processed at the end of the term.