Computer Science Major Application
This application is used to apply to the Computer Science major. The Computer Science Program takes applications in fall, winter and spring. The deadline for this application is April 16, 2021 by 5 PM. Late applications will not be accepted. This application is for admission to the major in fall quarter 2021.
- Admission to the major is determined by academic performance in CSCI 241, 247 & 301. Admission is competitive. Neither completion of the prerequisites nor attainment of any specific GPA guarantees admission. Students with a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above in CSCI 241, 247 & 301 will be given preferential admission to the major. Students with a cumulative GPA below 3.0 will be considered for admission on a case by case basis on a space available basis, if we have reason to anticipate success in the major.
- In order to apply, you must successfully complete the courses listed below. Decisions on program applications will be made after receipt of final grades in all courses.
- Transferred courses do not count in the GPA calculation.
- Applications are reviewed twice: once to determine your registration status for major-restricted classes and again at the end of the term when all grades are final. Notification of major status is sent via student email.
- Only complete applications will be given consideration. Late applications will not be accepted.
- For questions about this process, you may contact the CS Pre-major Advisor.
By completing and submitting this form, you are certifying that the information in this application is true and correct to the best of your knowledge.
This information will be stored no longer than until the beginning of the next application term.